Friday, February 12, 2010

Some more newbies! Lets start with Carla!

1. Shop Name(s)
Faith Vintage

2. First Name
Carla

3. How long have you been a member of the Etsy Community?
I've been browsing for a couple of years and shopping for about a year and a half. My shop is brand new.

4. Married/Single? Spouse's name
Single

5. Birthday Month/Day... we don't need the year.
September 22

6. What state/country do you live in?
California

7. Do you have any children? Will you tell us their lst name and age?
Just cats and maybe a chicken or two.

8. How long have you been crafting what you sell on Etsy?
I'm not crafting yet, but I've been shopping vintage since I was kneehigh to an apple and had my first little sale when I was seven.

9. When you have free time, what do you like to do?
I enjoy working on my website (launching soon), writing, browsing estate and yard sales, and learning to bake.

10. Are you on a ministry team at your church or do you have your own ministry?

What type is it?
Philemon 6 encourages us to be active in sharing our faith so that our understanding of Christ will be full and rich. This made me realize that everyone is called to minister, even me. In recent months I've come to realize that my ministry is to older women who are wobbly in their faith and partially rooted in the allure of non-Christian spiritualities. I hope to reach these women via my blog, JesusNotes.com, which launches on Valentine's Day.
11. How long have you been a Christian?
Since 1999 or 2000, but I was strongly anchored in my yoga practice and other spiritual practices and just wasn't believing the words I uttered when I asked Jesus into my life. And then that dastardly DaVinci Code came out, which shook what little faith I had at the time. Talk about gullible and vulnerable. But now there's no looking back. Jesus is rocking my world these days. It's truly awesome giving it up to God.

12. What is your favorite item in your shop right now?
My shop is currently under construction, but my favorite item in my inventory is probably ... oh, gosh. Just one item? Hmmm, I would say my "category" of favorite items is vintage needlecrafts. Anything that has been lovingly knitted, crocheted, embroidered or cross-stitched speaks dearly to my heart.

13. What would you like to do that you have not done yet?
Buy land and build my dream cabin. :o)

14. If we were having a team party, what would you be bringing?
Cheery colorful cupcakes on a vintage glass cake stand!
15. Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?
Yes. :o)
16. What type of pets do you have, if any?
Two cats, one rescued off the streets of Hiroshima, Japan, and the other rescued from in front of Starbucks in a rather unglamorous location in the States. And I keep talking about chickens. I want a chicken.

17. Which of these three would you prefer to do? Hang glide, bungee jump, or sit by the pool and be waited on hand and foot?
I've jumped out of planes seven times in my life and had other adventures as well. Although I'm always up for more adventures, at this point I would love to be waited on hand and foot, but I burn easily, so how about by a sauna on a crisp winter day!

18. If you were on a rocket to the moon, what is one thing you would want to have?
Easy access to the bathroom.
19. Does your vehicle have a name, if so, what is it?
Fred.

20. Is there anything other type of items that you would like to add to your current shop?
I'm loving mid-century costume rings and would love to find some more for my shop.

No comments: