1. Shop Name(s)
FourHarpDesigns - a little background on that name: The name for Four Harp Designs comes from biblical imagery. In the Bible, the number four is used to symbolize creation (e.g. the four elements, the four directions, four corners of the earth). You may have noticed in the banner on my home page that the number four is inverted like a reflection. This is to symbolize that everything we are (creativity included) is a reflection of part of who God is. My creative side is a reflection of God's creativity. Harps, in the Bible, are an instrument of praise. I hope that my shop, my designs, my work can be used to bring praise to God as well. So from this, I came up with Four Harp Designs!
2. First Name
3. How long have you been a member of the Etsy Community?
I started shopping on Etsy in early 2008, but didn't start selling until June 2009.
4. Married/Single? Spouse's name
My husband Tim and I have been married for almost 5 years.
5. Birthday Month/Day... we don't need the year.
6. What state/country do you live in?
7. Do you have any children? Will you tell us their lst name and age?
I have two busy little boys! Caleb is 21 months and Asher is 4 months.
8. How long have you been crafting what you sell on Etsy?
about 8 months
9. When you have free time, what do you like to do?
See question #7 ;-) I'm a full-time stay-at-home-mom so I don't really have *free* time. After the boys go to bed, I get to spend some time with my husband or working on my photo cards. Occasionally, I get to have a moms' night out with our playgroup moms. I love going to coffee shops and catching up with other moms who are walking this crazy life with toddlers also.
10. Are you on a ministry team at your church or do you have your own ministry?
What type is it?
I currently serve on the Care Team at my church. We cover a variety of needs including planning and support for memorial services, sending cards to members of our community who need encouragement, doing home or hospital visits, etc. My specific role in the Care Team is to coordinate meals where needed. The majority of our meals are for housebound elderly church members and young families who have just had babies.
11. How long have you been a Christian?
I was raised in a Christian home (I still attend the church I grew up in!). By my junior high years I had really learned how to make my faith my own rather than just my parents faith. Having a teen study Bible that led me through the Bible was a significant factor in my exploring the Bible and my faith.
12. What is your favorite item in your shop right now?
All of my holiday cards! I've had a lot of fun playing with patterns and trying out different things to make some unique cards.
13. What would you like to do that you have not done yet?
Show my husband this beautiful country! I was blessed to have done a lot of traveling growing up, but he has only seen California, Hawaii and Washington. I can't wait to drive across the country and show him this amazing place. I'd also love to go back to Israel and the Middle East and bring him along. :)
14. If we were having a team party, what would you be bringing?
Definitely dessert. And it would definitely include chocolate.
15. Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks?
16. What type of pets do you have, if any?
We have 2 cats, Zoe & Belle.
17. Which of these three would you prefer to do? Hang glide, bungee jump, or sit by the pool and be waited on hand and foot?
Sitting by the pool and being waited on.
18. If you were on a rocket to the moon, what is one thing you would want to have?
19. Does your vehicle have a name, if so, what is it?
No actually! My first car was named Indy and I was so attached to her. I haven't named a car since.
20. Is there anything other type of items that you would like to add to your current shop?
I am constantly thinking of other items to sell. I'm trying to design note cards but so far haven't come up with anything I love. I also make burp rags with ribbon and buttons. I have some that are halfway done. I need to sit down and finish those so I can get them posted.