Thursday, May 14, 2009

Getting to Know You!! InspiredByMarie


To start, please tell us a bit about yourself. What's your story? I am a mom of 4 amazing children, Zach 24 , Jade 22 , Cheyenne 17 , and Lucas 11, . And a wonderful man in my life, Mike. I was raised in the south, and now live in the beautiful state of Oregon.

I have loved wood crafts since I was a child. I am always looking for wood I see as beautiful or unique. To me wood is like snowflakes, no 2 pieces are ever alike, and it is like Christmas to me every time I sand down a piece and see the beautiful natural designs and colors.
What is your favorite quote?
When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me." Erma Bombeck

What is your favorite movie?
It's A Wonderful Life
What is your favorite TV show?
NCIS
Do you have a hero, if so, who? why?
Mike. He took on dating a woman with 4 kids, and never looked back. He is an excellent role model for my kids.
What is your favorite song at the moment?
The Old Rugged Cross always has been and always will be.
What kinds of music do you listen to?
A little of everything. Country, Soft rock, oldies, jazz, and the blues.
How long have you been creating?
Since I was a kid. I loved to make things out of sticks in the yard.
What inspires you?
I have been lucky in so many ways to have traveled around this country and see such beauty. My shops name is after my Mother who has inspired me all of my life. My wonderful children, and amazing people I have met in my life. Also living in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, with the beauty of the ocean, forests, mountains, and high desert, will inspire anyone.
Is there any kind of music you listen to when you create?
No.

What's your biggest artistic disaster to date?
I couldn't really say disasters, but if I don't like the way something turns out I try to use it as firewood unless someone rescues it.
What's your favorite piece that you've done?
Each time I create a new piece it somehow becomes my favorite. Someone told me that is a sign of a true artist. Right now my favorite piece is "The Old Rugged Cross"
What's the best advice you were given when starting out?
Believe in what I am creating, and do it to the best of my ability. That there is a reason we make what we do, and though not all might appreciate it, there is someone out there that will be touched by it.
Do you have any advice to give others?
What I said above, and NEVER give up nor compromise your standards.




What's coming up for you; any big plans artistically?
I haven't done rustic furniture and lamps in a long time, and would really like to start back doing that as soon as I can find a place to take it.
Where can we find you? Both online and in stores.
Right now on my Etsy shop
www.inspiredbymarie.etsy.com
and I will be doing several shows around Oregon.

I don't take let many photos of me get taken. But this is the most recent. It is my family at my sons wedding.

No comments: